Marathon Training - Week 14

Since we're down to my final weeks of training, I am going to update a little more on it.  I know everybody is dying to hear.  hahaha

I just got fitted into a neutral shoe, the Saucony Triumph Iso.  It was between these, the Kinvaras, Brooks Ghost and a New Balance pair...


I nailed my long run this past weekend and I'm so thrilled!  The knee issue I've been dealing with has created doubts so the confidence boost was needed.



Long run:
2 mile warm up + 3x4 miles @ 9:45 pace (top of my zone 2) with 10:00 jogs in between sets + a final cool down Z1/Z2

I finished with 17 miles at a 9:54 pace which is good.  Unfortunately the weather has continued its bizarre streak and the temps are back upwards 100+ again, so when I started out it was already 80, but I guess I'm kind of used to it.  Arizona has been drunk all summer.

^^pomegranate in my oatmeal

Gosh I do wish twilight lasted longer, though.  It's dark, you blink and SUNSHINE.  I ran around my house/block for 20 minutes before I felt it was light enough to dart out of the neighborhood.


Before my start, I drove around planting my frozen water bottles behind a bush where I could figure 8 around them.  At mile 10 I was hot, uphill-ing and my water was GONE.  Rude, I was pissed.  I called Ben in a frantic uproar only to hear his blinker and see him turning the corner to come surprise me with the B$.  Hello TIMING.


Ben live tracks me via my Garmin!

Fueling:
I have been working on this one, it's been a huge problem for me in previous races.  Yesterday I started with a pack of Shot Blocks, then I had four GU throughout, starting at mile 3 (I finally bought salted caramel!).  I would like to be able to take in a GU every 30-45 minutes on race day which is a LOT but so far I have never had any trouble stomaching it.

Yesterday I felt like I could have kept on running forever by time I hit 17, so it helped!

The rest of the week went well and Ben and I took the little guy out on a couple of nighttime family runs.  He sure is cute.  :)  During the week I'm still able to keep the knee strap off, it's just the morning long run that I can't get through without it.  I'm still working on it, hopefully it'll loosen up soon.


<a month!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

31 Things (9) 32 Things (8) A to Z (26) B3 (42) Currently (4) Giveaways (1) Juneathon (120) Lists (2) Marathon (51) Pregnancy! (33) Racing (56) Reviews (2) Running (174) Scorpions (19) Shoe Addiction (33) Vacation (60) We Like To Move (26) Wedding (9)
Powered by Blogger.