Review of Resolutions (Take III)

This is my final review until it's done (or it's not) and some things I have rocked at, others I'm still a little behind on.



Fitness:

  • ✓ Run 500 miles!  Yay, this one was completed in September!  I'll be about 100 over after this week.  If all continues, perhaps I'll get an extra 250 miles for the year.

LilySlim Fitness goals tickers

  • ✓ Get my abs into shape.

  • ✓ Adopt the 3+2 program (3x run + 2x cross train):  I changed things up using heart rate training to build an 8 week base to my marathon training and then I hired a coach.  So while I no longer stick to 3x run + 2x cross training, I'm doing 4-5x run (many lower intensity) + 1 cross train + 2-3 core trainings, I'm going to say success on this.

  • ✓ Adopt a weekly clean eating lifestyle: The goal for this was to get my body back to pre-prego by eating mostly Paleo.  Over the past year I have learned that pre-pregnancy weight and pre-pregnancy figure are two very different things.  Now that my mileage is getting higher, I am able to eat a little more of what I want so my diet is not AS clean as it used to be (I like me some Oreos), but I am going to go with a success on this because the initial reasoning for this goal has been a success.  We still eat mostly clean, but I'm okay with the occasional rice or a batch of cookies or heaven sent Red Lobster Cheesy Garlic Biscuits from Costco (OMG).

  • ✓ Get to China trained but injury free:  So now it feels like we never went to China and that I just really dreamed it all.



        The fitness goals have been my strength this year, but the next batch haven't been all so successful.  Thankfully I still have a few months to work on them!!


        Other:

        • Adopt a daily [deep] cleaning schedule list:  Yeah, this was pretty unrealistic to set, but when I made this goal my baby didn't even CRAWL.  lol  So yeah, I work and play with B3 all day while trying to get 6-8 hours of work in, then I have my fitness and husband/family time, so the best I do is house pick ups and kitchen cleaning.  The rest is back to the weekend.  Or never.  :P  How much is a cleaning lady?



        • Read 10 books: I've read 3 books:  Gone Girl, The Cuckoo's Egg(loved!!), and Matt Fitzgerald's 80/20 Running.  I started The American Sniper which ended up being a little slow and I haven't picked back up in months, I started another about Globalization which I can't concentrate on reading while also watching B3, so I'm just going to have to pick some easy reads if I want to read anything further at this point.  Reading has taken the biggest hit since have a little one.


        • ✓ Pump/nurse for 6 months (March 13):  this feels like a million years ago

        • Finish the nursery - Still making progress.  We just received a flag banner this past week for one of his walls.  Note to self, have the nursery done before baby or it'll never get done.  He still isn't in his room though.  Lately we've been putting him in pajamas because I plan to move him into his crib and pajamas mean he'll be too hot snuggling with us, but then he falls asleep and looks so angelic that I can't bring myself to not snuggle him... all night long... so I usually end up pulling a foot or two out of his jammies so he doesn't overheat.  :D  I'm truly pathetic, I know!



        • ✓ Whiten my teeth (post nursing)

        • Decorate my work space - Need to go to Ikea and throw a few more $$ down, then I'll be set.  I wish Ikea was a tiny bit closer.



          • ✓ Grow out my hair:  Still going strong.  It's getting long!

          • Do something with the front yard/entry -  Mostly done.  I'd like to do something about that broken slate in the entry [still].

          • ✓ Get back into blogging mode/redesign blog:  I was gung ho about blogging until this summer when I realized my time is too short!  I decided to take my contact info off and am back to just blogging when I can.  I haven't opened my Analytics in 3-4 months either, but since I did redesign this place earlier this year, I'll say success enough.

          • ✓ Get back to Nikon pictures:  My life is boring (don't get me wrong, I like my boring life so much!!) but I try to bring the camera along when we do family things and I'd say so far so good.  Now I need to get out and just shoot for fun.

          • Write/orchestrate two new pieces:  Shoot.  I at least am playing Christmas on the piano and working on some of my old original pieces.  It's just harder to completely focus on my own time these days, usually I'm multi-focusing/tasking.
          The most amazing cover ever ever ever in the history of life. 


          The song I'm covering:



          • Be more positive/kind/optimistic/forgiving around the clock:  Keep trying!


          Have a fantastic weekend!  We're finally cooling down here -- a crazy, never ending summer!!

          2 comments:

          1. I do like the idea of a daily clean up list! I may have to do that next year. Jennifer @ Run Jenny Run

            ReplyDelete
          2. I love all of your goals. You are amazing! I'm so inspired by your running...500 miles is an incredible goal and you crushed it!!!! I need to do a whole lot more deep cleaning around here too....and I've been meaning to whiten my teeth now that I'm done nursing too!

            ReplyDelete

          31 Things (9) 32 Things (9) A to Z (30) B2 (1) B3 (44) Currently (4) Friday Favorites (13) Giveaways (1) Juneathon (120) Lists (5) Marathon (51) Pregnancy! (47) Racing (57) Reviews (2) Running (175) Scorpions (20) Shoe Addiction (34) Vacation (63) We Like To Move (34) Wedding (9)
          Powered by Blogger.