Recovery & Running: Up Next?


The race is long gone (not from my mind!!) but I still want to finish up my final training, week #18, + my recovery and what's next.  People don't really talk as much about recovery for some reason, including mwah.  It's like RACE!!!...silence... 

Rewinding to race week (week #18...like a whole month ago):

  • 30:00 no paced 3% downhill = 2.85 miles @ 10:31
  • 4x800s @ a little slower pace = 3.25 miles around 8:00 pace
  • 20:00 shake out = 1.81 miles = 11:02 
  • MARATHON = 26.24 miles = 9:36  = 4:11 


Total training cycle miles:  408.57


I took a week off after the race.  Charlie said it could be close to three weeks before I was fully recovered, about one recovery day per each mile raced (recovery day, not rest day #difference).  A week later my calves were still tight but I felt pretty good by two.  Having a coach has been awesome because I have learned a lot and it helps me stay accountable!!


I've had friends ask how I find motivation these days.  I've thought about it and I think it boils down to not being able to run through most of my pregnancy, which has in turn given me an extra boost of motivation while I am not pregnant, because I realize it will be a vicious cycle of high/low fitness over the upcoming years as we try to grow our family.  Also, HAVING A TREADMILL.  Putting it IN THE LIVING ROOM.  haha  Definitely not Pinterest worthy but it works!!

We also bought a Rogue set for the garage last year, so that allows us to workout together after B3 goes to sleep.



 NEXT UP 

Goal race:  1/2 marathon PR at the Phoenix Marathon in February (family are you in?  it sells out so we need to register soon)

Between now and then a Hot Chocolate 15k this weekend (my first ever 15k!), maybe a Jingle Bell run? then the PF Chang's Rock 'n' Roll 1/2 in January.  I think Ben may even do the Rock 'n' Roll Remix Challenge = 5k + 1/2 marathon = 3 blings.

So fun, this running obsession.  You should join in!!!

1 comment:

  1. Those look like some fun goal races ahead! I, on the other hand, tried to run 3 1/2 miles this morning and got side-stitched.

    ReplyDelete

31 Things (9) 32 Things (9) A to Z (30) B2 (5) B3 (47) Currently (4) Friday Favorites (13) Giveaways (1) Juneathon (120) Lists (5) Marathon (51) Pregnancy! (52) Racing (57) Reviews (2) Running (175) Scorpions (20) Shoe Addiction (34) Vacation (63) We Like To Move (34) Wedding (9)
Powered by Blogger.