2.714 Weeks to Phoenix 1/2 <--my 1st goal race

We're < 3 weeks out from Phoenix and while I was (am) hoping for a PR, things since PF Chang's haven't gone entirely as planned.  I had some new knee pain show up two weeks after PF Chang's and I know I was recovered by the time I started noticing it, so it rang major alarm bells!!!  NOOOOOOO  $#%@ *$%#!


Charlie had me take a couple of days off and I was a little bit of a mental wreck (HA. judge not).  I jumped back into training with a slow 10 miler and it went just fine, so... I'm still working through it but maybe it's not as bad as I initially ran my mind into thinking.  I have an appointment this week with Charlie so hopefully he'll be able to pinpoint some issues with his mad physical therapy skills.


So between a week recovery and just now coming off a 14 mile WEEK I feel like I've lost fitness since PF Chang's, which doesn't fare well when I'm going for a PR in a couple of weeks.  Plus this week I'm only scheduled to run 3x while I coddle my knee.


C'est la vie.  To be continued.  (...for I must go fetch my child standing on the furniture.)

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you're having trouble with your knee! Bummer! I hope it's better soon.

    I'm training for Tinkerbell Half in May and since I started so early, I'm really training for a PR... Then last night, I ran 9 miles and was considering running Phoenix. I'll have to check and see if it's sold out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do it!! I don't think either the half or 10k are sold out yet!

      Delete

31 Things (9) 32 Things (9) A to Z (30) B2 (5) B3 (47) Currently (4) Friday Favorites (13) Giveaways (1) Juneathon (120) Lists (5) Marathon (51) Pregnancy! (52) Racing (57) Reviews (2) Running (175) Scorpions (20) Shoe Addiction (34) Vacation (63) We Like To Move (34) Wedding (9)
Powered by Blogger.