5.5 weeks out


Last Saturday morning there was a bike tour that went through our area so there were hundreds of bikers around for hours, which was kind of fun, thus there were traffic cops on every streetlight corner (so I couldn't jay walk ).  I was looping my water so around mile nine one of the cops was like, "I think you've done enough running for the day."  Then I passed him again 45 minutes later.  lol  I imagine I looked ragged and he thought I was a total nutjob because let's face it I am, but I felt accomplished because I had surpassed the half marathon mark in training -- wahoo!!


So SLC revealed their medals, and a couple weeks ago so did Revel Mt. Charleston.  They are both really cool!:





There are a couple of groups you can join if you are a race freak:  the Marathon Maniacs, or the Half Fanatics.  To become one of these you have to fulfill certain requirements.  For the marathon group, the lowest level to qualify for (bronze) requires you to run two marathons in 16 days, or three marathons in 90 days.  The same goes for the Half Fanatics lowest level (Neptune), run two 1/2s in 16 days or three 1/2s in 90.  And they have to be actual races with posted results, etc.  Next month, SLC will qualify both Ben and I for the 1/2 category which is sweet.  You can look both of these groups up on Facebook if you're interested.


Week 8 training was great and I hit all my paces and had a good long run too, although it is starting to warm up fast in the mornings and we've hit 90 degrees a time or two (except this week it is in the 60s!).  My weekday runs are always evening time so running a tempo in 85 degree sunshine is tougher than 65 degree dawn, but the training is equally as beneficial.  Since I'm focused on the marathon right now, my tempo is a little bit slower, usually an 8:30 or 8:45 pace for somewhere around 5 or 6 miles.


Traditional post long run neighborhood jaunt with the little man:


There is a free GPS app called GLIMPSE that my sister told us about.  It's awesome and you can share your GPS location with anybody via text/etc. so they can track you (you have to carry your phone though, which I do already because hello Google music!!).  It's a great safety device and it works better than my Garmin Tracker which is finicky and sometimes cuts out when my Garmin randomly decides to disconnect from my phone mid run.


Week 7 was a major step back week which sucks, but I would rather not get injured so I obey.   


This weekend I'm up to 16, w/a few faster miles, which I'm stoked for.  Hopefully it's not so hot this time!  I'd like to put in an order of Saturday morning clouds.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

31 Things (9) 32 Things (9) A to Z (30) B2 (5) B3 (47) Currently (4) Friday Favorites (13) Giveaways (1) Juneathon (120) Lists (5) Marathon (51) Pregnancy! (52) Racing (57) Reviews (2) Running (175) Scorpions (20) Shoe Addiction (34) Vacation (63) We Like To Move (34) Wedding (9)
Powered by Blogger.