Neighborhood's House of Horrors

Alright, so I ranted about my suspicions of the house up the street from us, and since then I decided to stop running around murderer block while also stop going to the uncrowded park that's a hop skip and a jump away.  My gut just said things were not right and once again it was a genius gut.  For us it's been more or less an out of mind out of sight problem though because we've never had the occupants try to break into our house or anything of that nature, luckily (FOR THEM).  Our house does not back the preserve, park, nor the trails which is where the homes they've broken into are located. 

Unbeknownst to us this has gone on for almost three years.  I had no clue about any of it and I am the most aware-of-my-surroundings person on the huge planet earth.

Fast forward and we got an email regarding a community meeting about the ongoing issues at 14 Felons St. so I went to said meeting to get the 411 and left there ready to call our Realtor.  I also realized I've encountered the "owner" while out on my runs.  He's the one I have mentioned to Ben that wears black sweats and a beanie when it's 90 degrees out!  I passed him on the sidewalk just last week.  He wasn't at the meeting, he didn't know about it.  #secretmeeting

Per the meeting of secret, the neighbors sleep with weapons, the kids aren't allowed outdoors, a lady walks with a taser, the park is being used as a bathroom (and I thought that was dog poo) and a garbage disposal for drug paraphernalia and who knows what.  This guy smashed all his windows and sliding doors with a hammer in an angry rage but there are no laws prohibiting the destruction of your own freaking house.  He is only in his 20s and inherited money along with the house, but it's gone and the mortgage hasn't been paid in years.  The real danger has come from his occupants who come and go, changing constantly, and they are not there to attend a candlelight readathon.

Sounds familiar.


Soooo then on our one-side-of-the-block walk, neighbors informed us that the bank finally made a move and the police removed the occupants to board the place up.  The meeting accomplished something!!  So wahoo, I love me some Breaking Bad but hopefully this is the end of the danger zone.  I am already starting to feel better because stress.  Maybe we'll walk the whole block today?  Too soon?


As for the occupants, there is always the chance they'll try to return, but I believe the city is trying to help them but the guy is refusing.  It's a pretty messy situation and terribly sad.

3 comments:

  1. Woah, that is freaky!!! That is a sad situation, but I'm glad the city is aware and I think that's great your neighborhood had a "secret meeting!"

    ReplyDelete

31 Things (9) 32 Things (8) A to Z (26) B2 (1) B3 (42) Currently (4) Friday Favorites (12) Giveaways (1) Juneathon (120) Lists (2) Marathon (51) Pregnancy! (40) Racing (57) Reviews (2) Running (175) Scorpions (19) Shoe Addiction (33) Vacation (63) We Like To Move (28) Wedding (9)
Powered by Blogger.