T: Twenty Miles

Today was my peak run for the marathon in a couple of weeks and it went great.  I had 3x5 @ marathon goal pace (9:00-9:05 which is sub 4:00) with 1/2 mile slow jogs in between, plus the warm up/cool down.  

Since we're well into the 90s these days (we hit 97!), we got up at 4:44 to try to beat the heat!  Early morning + 20 miles = I am posting from my phone, in bed.  I'm freaking tired!





My paces felt comfortable to the end so I am feeling confident in my ability to nail a PR (sub 4:11), especially since the course is faster than what I train on and the temps will be cooler too.  I wish I had more confidence in attempting to BQ this year or sooner than later, but probably not yet!  I'm too wussy and the marathon can be a beast!!



Happy Saturday!



1 comment:

  1. I've actually been doing my long runs on Monday after work and last week was the first week I really suffered in the heat. Of course, a long run for a half isn't the same as for a full! Good job!

    ReplyDelete

31 Things (9) 32 Things (8) A to Z (26) B2 (1) B3 (42) Currently (4) Giveaways (1) Juneathon (120) Lists (2) Marathon (51) Pregnancy! (38) Racing (57) Reviews (2) Running (175) Scorpions (19) Shoe Addiction (33) Vacation (63) We Like To Move (26) Wedding (9)
Powered by Blogger.