& our weekend!

We made no plans for the weekend and it was just lovely!  Sometimes you need a weekend like that so I plan on us having another one this upcoming weekend too.  Holiday weekend!!

We went to Barnes & Noble (FAV), ran, drank Monster, swam,...


got fried (yeah oops), went to Costco,...



went on family walks in nice springy weather,...


laid in the hammock reading some more [while B3 took a FOUR HOUR NAP...?),...


(Finished my latest creepy crime book.  Pretty interesting case.  I should have been an investigator.)


...and hung with Ben's mom who came to visit!  Even church was good with ward conference and the choir singing my ever favorite song, "As Sister's in Zion/We'll Bring the World His Truth."  I think 1/2 the congregation came up to sing it.


While at B&N I was in the true crime section looking around for something intriguing.  After reading two recommended books this month, I have been on another true crime kick spree.  Plus I always am on a true crime spree and I explored the career option back in the day.  Anywho, I found one book by an author I like, M. William Phelps, called Sleep in Heavenly Peace, so I opened to the first picture and there the picture was taken of a crime scene in no other place but Safford, Arizona.  The small town we lived in five years ago that has like 8000 people (it neighbors Thatcher).  The town I trained for my first marathon in.  Yeah.  I try to avoid true crime that has to do with children because it's hard to keep those stories out of my "headspace" because of the level of evil/sadness, but Ben was familiar and I became intrigued, so TBC.

But I'm back to reading regularly, thank goodness.  It's the best hobby, well, besides running.  

I love weekends with my family!!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a lovely weekend. I spent my weekend binge watching Game of Thrones. That's a lot of violence for one weekend. Lol

    When I was a kid, we used to go to horse shows in Safford. I don't think I've been there in over 20 years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those weekend are always awesome. The weather has been amazing. That means end of summer will be 150° lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy you're carving out time to read. Haha Max took a four hour nap yesterday and I had to go check on him to make sure he was still alive... since that never ever happens! Enjoy the springy AZ weather while it lasts, it looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

31 Things (9) 32 Things (8) A to Z (26) B3 (42) Currently (4) Giveaways (1) Juneathon (120) Lists (2) Marathon (51) Pregnancy! (33) Racing (56) Reviews (2) Running (174) Scorpions (19) Shoe Addiction (33) Vacation (60) We Like To Move (26) Wedding (9)
Powered by Blogger.