A Diamondbacks Date!

Ben and I went to a Diamondbacks game thanks to his work, and the tickets had us sitting five rows above the dugout!!  I have never been to a game and not sat extremely nosebleed so the experience was marvelous.  I like nosebleed seats mostly because you get a close up of the organist on your journey to your seat (he is upper level, left field), but there is no denying it is a completely different ballgame up there.


Sitting that close really sucks you into the game and makes you pay attention.  A batter swung and let go of his bat which was like woosh woosh woosh woosh end over end, straight at my face.  It was panic central and everybody was yelling and putting their arms up in cover, ME DEFINITELY INCLUDED.  It smashed itself two rows behind us, but nobody was hurt.    After that we were all jumpy with every foul ball, but we won by one thanks to an exciting HOME RUN.


The roof is retractable and was closed.  Probably since it's July.


So my only regret is not getting the Diamondbacks' famous churro dog.  I mean, it looks amazing enough to put on my 32 while 32 list, yet at the moment we walked past the stand empty handed.  I don't know what got in myself but I have major regret.


"The Churro Dog is a warm cinnamon churro sitting inside a Long John chocolate-glazed donut, which is then topped with frozen yogurt, caramel and chocolate sauces. Its estimated calorie count is 1,117."

A picture of the organist from my last game:


So another 31 while 31 things done ✓✓✓, although I've been terrible about reporting them to the blog, but that's fine.


On another note, the OdySea Aquarium grand opening date keeps getting pushed back and it might not even make my birthday now, but rest assured it'll also be pushed onto my 32 while 32 list.  We drive buy it often and it looks AWESOME.

Last month from their Facebook page:

Bentz will love it!!

2 comments:

  1. Those seats def keep you engaged because of objects leaving the field. Out work hands them out too but I always take the boys and spend all my time at the batting cage.

    ReplyDelete

31 Things (9) 32 Things (9) A to Z (30) B2 (5) B3 (47) Currently (4) Friday Favorites (13) Giveaways (1) Juneathon (120) Lists (5) Marathon (51) Pregnancy! (52) Racing (57) Reviews (2) Running (175) Scorpions (20) Shoe Addiction (34) Vacation (63) We Like To Move (34) Wedding (9)
Powered by Blogger.