From Rehabbing to Running

I'm back running and it is the best thing ever!  I have been out in 105+ temps, and incorporating walking breaks while I try to carefully rebuild some of what I've lost, but just being out there makes me remember how much I love to run!  I am pretty paranoid about everything that I'm feeling while running right now, and my butt/hip are awfully tight from all the PT so there's that to work on too, but I am optimistic that my recovery will continue to move forward!


SoOOO my grand plan all along was to get a massively enormously big huge PR  at the Revel Big Cottonwood because I've never run a downhill half marathon!

The problem is downhill + rehabbing hammy = risky.

^^Who wouldn't love running this??

September Utah's Revel Big Cottonwood 1/2 --> October Phoenix YMCA 1/2  (Sorry mom!!! )

My solution was to scratch the 1/2 distance and take aim at building for the marathon, but Charlie coaxed me into picking a 1/2 to substitute, so I found one at South Mountain!  The YMCA 1/2 in 11 weeks.

Meanwhile I have decided to track my training to my next 26.2s how I always do, weekly or bi-weekly!  The difference is this time I'm building from time off, so I'm not sure where that'll get me in 17 weeks.  We shall see!!


This upcoming week I have 15:00 stretches of running without stopping and I believe if all goes well then I'll be able to cut out walking the following week.  Hope so!!!

^^Good morning Saturday!!!

Happy Pioneer Day!!  We just got back from celebrating in Thatcher and oh my gosh it's 8 and I think we're going to go to BED.    As soon as we finish this episode of The Office, of course.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

31 Things (9) 32 Things (8) A to Z (26) B3 (42) Currently (4) Giveaways (1) Juneathon (120) Lists (2) Marathon (51) Pregnancy! (33) Racing (56) Reviews (2) Running (174) Scorpions (19) Shoe Addiction (33) Vacation (60) We Like To Move (26) Wedding (9)
Powered by Blogger.