Week 6: We ran in KANAB!

But first, a running questionnaire:


1. Best run ever:  I couldn't tell you just one, although it would most likely be from this past spring.  Spring running is the best around here and I still had a lot of races on my schedule for the whole year to look forward to!

2. Three words that describe my running:  consistent, rejuvenating, mostly-easy-paced (that counts as one word if I put --- in it??)

3. My go-to running outfit is:  Shorts and a tank top/sleeveless -- sleeves and capris make me hot! ☀

4. Quirky habit while running:  I'm not sure...  ?  I don't think I have one.

5. Morning, midday, evening:  I love morning running the most.

6. I won’t run outside when it’s:  Over 110.  Anything over 100 degrees requires extra slow running to be safe.

7. Worst injury—and how I got over it:
  High hamstring tendon, what I'm still dealing with.

8. I felt most like a bad$%* mother runner when:  I picked up the pace the final 10k of my last marathon.  In the words of my coach, "you ran a near perfect race."  

9. Next race is: 6 weeks from now, YMCA 1/2

10. Potential running goal for 2016:  I wanted a sub 4:00 marathon and I got it, so now I'd like to become a Marathon Maniac.  I also wanted to run 1000 miles but the summer injury has kind of put a damper on that.  We shall see!

Anywhooo we ran in KANAB UTAH!!  We went up to visit family there and the weather was awesome.  My long run was horrid but afterwards I learned the elevation was like 5200 or something, so that makes me feel a tiny bit better.  I was really frustrated and cut out a mile cuz I was working way too hard and my hammy was throbbing and I just sucked.  It happens.  But I did run with Mr. Ben!!  (Poor guy.  lol)


How would it be to wake up to the red rocks everyday?


I am so happy about seeing hot air balloons (can you see the two of them below??).  I talk about them soooooooo much I know this, but they are the best thing to see after dragging your tired butt outside at a ridiculous hour.  #instantenergyboost


11 weeks to go and I am excited to see some 70s in the early morning forecast -- wahoooo!!  Bring it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.