Run Run Rudolph 1/2 Marathon

Last race of the year, the Run Run Rudolph 1/2 in Peoria!!  Wednesday I Primed these reindeer antlers to arrive just in time for Saturday, and they ended up being perfect for the race.  They were a little heavy and it was windy so they'd jerk back and forth sometimes, but they never fell off -- hoorah!


This race had a 1/2 marathon, a 4 miler that started an hour later (which my brother ran), and a kid's dash.  We have had a really nice December, but winter showed up again over that night so we dipped into the 30s, which is really cold by Phoenix standards!  We got back in the car to warm up until I had to get going on my actual warm up.  :)


Being cold at the beginning is perfect for me because with the sun coming up I knew I would warm up really fast, so I just wore gloves.  They even came off a mile or so in.  It was the perfect temps!


The race was at a big park complex so Ben and B3 had plenty of fun playing a few feet from the start/finish lines.  B3 had SO MUCH FUN.  I love big races, but small ones do have perks too.  This one was really well put on, Startline Racing does an awesome job!


B3 has to have his hoodie up at all times.  He wore one to church this weekend and kept the hood up.  lol


I didn't have a goal for this race and just planned to stick around 9:00 miles.  Usually I am more competitive with myself, but my motivation for PRs has been lacking over the past few weeks for some reason.  Maybe because I am enjoying my leisure runs ......and sleep.  :)

Anyways, the course was on the path by the canal which goes on for MILES AND MILES, so we passed a bunch of other runners/walkers out enjoying the morning, and they were always excited to see festive attire which made it all the more fun.  Oh, I wore jingle bells.  hahaha I felt bad for anybody running without music because the bells were very noticeable.


Somewhere around the 9th mile my fun race changed when randomly I got nauseated and threw up!!  :P  It was miserable!!!  My brother gets nauseated almost every race but this was my first time with stomach issues and now I feel extra horrible for him because that really sucked.  My stomach was not thrilled afterwards so I'm not sure what the story was there, although all I could think about was thank goodness I wasn't running a full.


It was fun that Santa was at the finish, and he seemed genuinely excited for each finisher, yelling for you as you crossed.


Official time:  2:00:45 for 9:13 average pace
58/205 overall
25/140 female
7/22 age group

Splits:  9:02, 8:55, 9:01, 8:59, 9:05, 9:11, 9:08, 9:03, 9:09, 9:14, 9:28, 9:52, 9:22, 1:08 (8:57)


Meanwhile while I ran he somehow tracked down an appo...


And some friends...


The finishers!!  I love having my family nearby.


We hit up Ihop afterwards which is always perfect for a post race breakfast.  I got soup though.  :P


Holiday anythings are the best, including races.  Love running and love my fam.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome race, Rio Vista park really is an amazing park. Not sure about running along the canal though, seems a bit boring.

    Sat was way too cold. We were supposed to run early in the morning but ended up bailing. In have to blog about it lol.

    Ihop after sounds like excellent post race food.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fun race. Sorry you had stomach issues - that definitely makes the rest of the race rough.

    ReplyDelete

31 Things (9) 32 Things (8) A to Z (26) B3 (42) Currently (4) Giveaways (1) Juneathon (120) Lists (2) Marathon (51) Pregnancy! (33) Racing (56) Reviews (2) Running (174) Scorpions (19) Shoe Addiction (33) Vacation (60) We Like To Move (26) Wedding (9)
Powered by Blogger.