Final Review of 2016's Resolutions

I'm a little behind, but it's never too late to review goals!!  So here we go, 2016, which seems so long ago now...




 Fitness 
  • ✓  Run 1000 miles - I finished with 1036.

Jan-100
Feb-76
Mar-111
Apr-140
May-64 (injury came on at the end)
Jun-14 
Jul-18
Aug-77 (back at it)
Sept-116
Oct-155
Nov-97
Dec-60 (lacking motivation!!)


  • ✓  Run 8 races - 3 full + 5 half and I'm the most proud of these races this year.  They showed perseverance through the ups and downs.  I have learned that running as a mom takes more dedication and I wish I would have taken the marathon more seriously back when I had all the time in the world!  But again, I would change NOTHING now because our little guy is our whole world!!



  • ✓ 2x PR the 1/2 marathon - I PRd Changs, Phoenix, and again at SLC.  None of them were the PR I wanted this year, but that's okay.

  • ✓ PR the marathon - 3:56 last spring right before my injury, thankfully!!



 Other 
  • ✓ Read 8 books - I read 11, and finished #12 on New Year's Day, so I guess that goes towards 2017.

As you can see, I like non-fiction, psychology, and investigation. #shouldabeenadetective




    • Write 1 new song - BOO. I failed at this one. I at least started one, and bought a few new books to get playing more, which I have been lately!! 
    • ✓ Print 2 years of blog books - Done!


    • ✓ Do something with the front room/office area - It's the official playroom!

    • ✓ Make the guest bathroom more guest worthy - I had my ups and downs with the guest bathroom.  Rykar still spreads food allllll over while he eats (but he's pretty blind sooo), but I keep the sinks/faucets/towels and all that nice, so I'm going to just pat myself on the back because I'm feeling generous today.  Plus I sweep in there every freaking day.  That should count for something.

      • ✓ Keep the master bath cleaner - I am not sure I kept this up towards the busier end of the year.  (Thank you to my cleaning lady.)  I wouldn't chalk it up to complete failure though.  Maybe Ben would, but I am the one reviewing my goals.  :D

      • ✓ Keep blogging - I posted the most posts in 2016 out of each of the past 9 years.

      • ✓ Drink more water - I was pretty consistent [with dumping caffeine in it].  2017 is off to an even better water start.

      • ✓ Get back to meal planning - Thank you Blue Apron and Sunbasket.  You made me a huge success.

        • ✓ Whiten my teeth - Check.

        • Just be ME - A work in progress.


        • Be positive and trust everybody means well - I'm trying!

        • Just be a better person - Also a work in progress.


        I would say I completely failed only 1/17 of my goals, which I think is pretty good!!  Interestingly, in December when I crossed 1000 miles AND 8 races, my motivation completely fell apart.  I think that is a good indicator of what writing down my goals does for me, and maybe the same could be for you!

        Here's to 2017!

        4 comments:

        1. Wow, what a fantastic year! Over 1000 miles even though you were injured 2 months. You are my hero, running, working and being a mom!

          ReplyDelete
        2. Dang that is a lot of ✔ for one year lol. I would of been happy with a fraction of that.

          ReplyDelete
        3. Wow, that's a big check list! But it sounds like 2016 was pretty successful for you! Congratulations!

          ReplyDelete

        31 Things (9) 32 Things (8) A to Z (26) B3 (42) Currently (4) Giveaways (1) Juneathon (120) Lists (2) Marathon (51) Pregnancy! (33) Racing (56) Reviews (2) Running (174) Scorpions (19) Shoe Addiction (33) Vacation (60) We Like To Move (26) Wedding (9)
        Powered by Blogger.