Year of Running 2016

I wanted to do the "Year of Running," link-up, and sadly it has already closed before getting around to it, but I figured I'd write it anyways since 2016 was my favorite year for running despite losing some time for an injury.  It was a year for my books, and I credit my coach and also my most supportive team member, BEN.  It can be difficult juggling training, working, sleeping and family/mommy life, and I definitely couldn't do it without my sweet Ben.


Best race experience:
Mt. Charleston Marathon!  The race was evidence of solid training and it built up my confidence.  Now I wish I would have made my goal a little more ambitious because a few weeks later I ended up sidelined with my injury -- bummer! 

Best run:  Basically all of my spring weekend long runs; they were some of my most favorite miles:  I was hitting my workout paces, I was getting faster, I was getting sleep at night (!!), I had a huge base built up, and I got lost in my music constantly while wishing my long runs were longer!  (This fall I experienced the opposite and half the time I didn't hear the music that was playing in my ear because I was focused on my steps and trying really hard to hit paces.  There will always be ups and downs in everything we do and this year was a good reminder of that.)

Best new piece of running gear: 
Motorola S11 HD bluetooth wireless headphones!  These were inexpensive in terms of wireless headphones and no. more. cords. and the battery lasts well through a marathon.


Best running advice you’ve received this year:  It's supposed to be hard.  If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it.  The hard is what makes it great.

ALSO...

Don't quit.  You're already in pain.  Get a reward from it.

Most inspirational runner:  I have always loved Meb. He is so talented, but that is just the tip of the iceberg which is why I find him so inspirational.

Favorite picture from a run or race this year:  One with my family! -- after we both ran 26.2 on our 6th wedding anniversary.  A race to remember!


Race experience you would repeat in a heartbeat:  
Seattle!  It was my favorite race based on the experience as a whole:  location, scenery, people, weather, etc.

I hope you had a wonderful year running, or whatever it is you do, too.  Now on to 2017.  Happy running!!

4 comments:

  1. 2016 was great for me, too! Not necessarily for running, although my running in 2016 helped me get two new PRs this last weekend! But just in general, I feel like I got back on track last year. Here's to an awesome 2017!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy to hear that! Becoming a mom is a HUGE adjustment on so many levels!

      Delete
  2. Congrats on a great year. I like your year in review format, really easy to read.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.