My Family's Mesa-Phoenix Half Marathon

Last weekend my family all came into town for the Phoenix Marathon (half)!  We get together a few times a year to run races together (SLC, Phoenix, Revel, etc.) and they are always epic weekends that go by so fast.


Considering I've not been feeling well, my last run was PF Chang's in January.  I am still cleared to run!, but my stomach also clears if I run.  :P  SOOOO this time I decided to sit it out with my baby boy and my loaf of bread, and cheer!

Which meant it was time to share the baby news because...it's kind of obvious.

We had a big crew this year:  Ben, my dad, brothers, friend Matt, sister in law (her first), sister, my mother in-law, and my brother in-law Joe (his first too).  This race brings out a lot of local friends too, so it's just fun.

Bentz was wearing his "only child EXPIRED 2017" shirt and nobody noticed for the longest time!  haha


Ben's goal was 1:30-35 as he's working towards a new PR in April (he wants a 1:27), and he came in at 1:31:06 and ran a 40:xx last 10k (pace 6:33), which I think is his fastest 10k split he's run!  Everybody had great races, I mean the weather was running perfection.


My coach and his wife both BQd this day too, so it was a great day for everyone.  I can't wait until next year!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you still got out there to cheer, and hope you feel better soon! B and your new little one have such a lively family!!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.