17.5 Weeks - I'm bigger this time.


My age: 32

How far along: 17 weeks 6 days

How big is baby: 5-1/2 inches-ish, bell pepper size

What have you been up to:  Same old stuff, really.  I am growing much faster this time around and don't think I was this big until week 26 last time.  With baby #1 you want a bump so bad and it takes forever, with subsequent babies you want to stay small longer and you don't.  lol

Exercise/Activity Level:  I randomly went back to Zumba last week and found a new gym with a great instructor!!  It was so fun that I think I'm going to do that for the next little bit and just tone it down to low-impact as needed.

Maternity clothes:  Yes ma'am.  Just bought a belly band too.

Stretch marks:  Nope

Belly Button:  In

Sleep:  Unisom is my bff

Best Moment of the Week:  I'd say camping with the family and watching B3 experience it all!  He had so much fun playing in the dirt/rocks/with family, etc.  To be honest, I was not really looking forward to it because I still throw up everyday, etc., and it sounded like a lot of work, but it turned out to be fun and the fresh air helped!


Worst Moment of the Week:  The camping nighttime bathroom trips.  hahaha  I'd wake up and lay there for an hour trying to convince myself I really didn't need to go, it was just in my head.  The thing is we all woke up to a herd of coyotes howling in our campsite (they make crazy weird screaming noises) which was terribly freaky to go outside alone afterwards.  I got three hours of sleep.

Food cravings:  Grapefruit juice.  I could drink that by the gallon!  Also the new Garden Fresh mild mango salsa from Costco.  It's amazing.

Food aversions:  Just stinky food, although I told Ben I'm ready to try some cooking this week.

Symptoms:  Nausea, rib pain, oily skin, and I just felt my first round ligament pains which I never had with B3.  I have had Braxton Hicks already, which I read start earlier with each child, but kind of freaky.

Movement:  Yes!  I felt around 16 weeks.  Baby loves to dance after grapefruit juice.  Ben says, "I would too. ..GROSS!!"

Gender:  TBD this month

What I’m looking forward to:  Finding out the gender!

What I’m nervous about/praying for:  That we'll not be moved by the time baby comes and baby will have colic and cry so much we'll get kicked out of our little apartment.  The scenarios of a pregnant mind.

What I miss:  Running (I have picked my next full marathon, Mt. Charleston next spring!!), over caffeinating myself, not looking like a whale, smaller boobs...which goes along with the whale thing.

Next appointment:  Wednesday the 19th, 19 weeks, anatomy scan day!  And gender day, but I will be carrying an envelope with the gender in it around with me for a couple of weeks because we're finding out with the family.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

31 Things (9) 32 Things (9) A to Z (26) B2 (1) B3 (43) Currently (4) Friday Favorites (13) Giveaways (1) Juneathon (120) Lists (4) Marathon (51) Pregnancy! (42) Racing (57) Reviews (2) Running (175) Scorpions (19) Shoe Addiction (34) Vacation (63) We Like To Move (32) Wedding (9)
Powered by Blogger.