Living in the NOW


Lately I've had a really hard time living in the NOW.  It's been all about:

...when we'll get into our new house.
...when we can get the nursery ready for baby boy.
...when this baby will be in our arms.
...when I can get running again.
...when I can get my body back.
...when my family will come to visit.
...when the monsoons will come.
...when the holidays will be here.
...when the weather will be perfect again.
...when I can drink Monster and Crystal Light.
...when the weather is better for play dates.

It's silly, really.  One thing I have learned since having a baby is that life goes by in the blink of an eye, and we really should treasure every. single. moment.

For us,...
-All the one on one time with sweet little Bentz we get every single day!

-Feeling baby boy kicking me all the time, especially at night when I get up to go to the bathroom (man, they really are born on opposite schedules aren't they?).

-All the family drives we take to get out of the apartment on the weekends, which usually end up with delicious treats and fun conversations.

-Going to bed as a family!  (We literally all sleep in our guest bed that we moved into the apartment).

-Getting gobs of sleep every night.

-Living in a beautiful area and having access to a pool for these 121 degree days (yes, 121 now...that's crazy).

-Having mostly open schedules and time to hang out in the evenings.  I know this will one day reverse.

-Enjoy dressing my bump even though I feel so massive this pregnancy.  I am lucky to have this chance.

-Make many memories that Bentz will hopefully soon start to remember for a lifetime.


Between the stresses and things life throws at you, it really can be pretty dang grand.  Mostly due to the people in it.



2 comments:

  1. Yeah, it can be hard to live in the present! As you said, all this stuff really does go by, no matter how long it feels at the moment. :)

    ReplyDelete

31 Things (9) 32 Things (8) A to Z (26) B2 (1) B3 (42) Currently (4) Friday Favorites (12) Giveaways (1) Juneathon (120) Lists (2) Marathon (51) Pregnancy! (40) Racing (57) Reviews (2) Running (175) Scorpions (19) Shoe Addiction (33) Vacation (63) We Like To Move (28) Wedding (9)
Powered by Blogger.