34.5 Weeks - Swelllling

Since I'm all scheduled out for my doctor's appointments, the end is nearing and I figured I'd start weekly updates.  YAAY! 


I'm not sure why my pictures are glowingly blurry, my phone camera might have been dirty or something, they'll have to do.

B3 didn't look up at the camera because of the sun, but he insisted on being some of the shots.


My age:  32

How far along: 34+5

How big is baby:  Still a cantaloupe!  My ultra sound this week said 5-1/2 pounds (62%) with a big chubby belly (85ish%) and a regular sized head (Bentley had a big noggin' :).




What have you been up to:  Less than a month until baby day!  Surreal.  We've been in the house one week and are slowllly getting settled, but it's been so fun and exciting. 


We've also had sooo many storms, like every day in July, and Bentz and I even got stranded in one on Thursday coming back from my doctor's appointment which was freaky. 

Storm's coming...


A 30 minute drive took just under 2:00.  I was afraid that the car was going to float away!  It was nuts and I kept pulling over because of my precious cargo.  Pull over and then IG video my family.  :)


Exercise/Activity Level:  Taking it easy.

Maternity clothes:  Yup!  Lots.

Stretch marks:  None, but my belly is about to see new amounts of stretching very soon.

Belly Button:  A record stretch.

Sleep:  Not too bad, same old thing.

Best Moment of the Week:  It has been fun adjusting to the new house and getting back into some sort of routine as a family.


The doctor's appointment was also a good one and made us more excited to meet the little one.  The ultrasound tech seemed to think this one had some hair, but IDK, I think it's peach fuzz.  I don't think I'm capable of having a baby with any hair, even as married to a Buhr who all have amazing hair.

Worst Moment of the Week:
  I have had some major feet/ankle swelling on days I walk a lot.  More swelling that I have ever ever seen!  Think Kim Kardashian.  I hate it.  My feet feel like they're on fire and I have noticed a little bit of Plantar Fasciitis, so I busted out the foot massager and got some tips from my running coach/physical therapist.  I have worn my compression socks which really help (and are so fashionable), but I get contractions putting them on so I have to take a break in between putting each one on.  lol

Food cravings:  Nothing really.  I was trying to omit junk in our grocery trip, but then I was like... uh hello, one more month.  Eat what you want now when you can.  Then I bought pumpkin chocolate chip cookies from the bakery.

Food aversions:  Nothing really, doing good.

Symptoms:  My ultra sound showed that my fluid levels are higher this time than with B3 so my doctor said that could contribute to me being bigger, even though baby only measures a little bit bigger than B3 did.  My fingers are still swollen and hurt but they haven't gotten worse.  I've had some newer pelvic pain but also found out baby is head down now and I'm grateful to make it this far without that pain.

Also I thought I should post this in case somebody takes on Google and unnecessarily freaks them self out over it (stay away from Google!!), maybe this will ease the mind a little bit.  With both pregnancies I have had what are called choroid plexus cysts, which are little cysts on the baby's brain.  My understanding is it's the part of the brain that produces spinal fluid, so it kind of makes sense in a way to temporarily have fluid gather in that part of the brain while baby is growing.  However, they resolved with Bentz and they resolved with this pregnancy and they are not worth stressing over!  My doctor said in 17 years she's never seen them not resolve, and it also doesn't put you at risk for any complications/abnormalities.

The first time I was really stressed about the cysts because the nurse called me after my anatomy scan and she didn't really explain them well (I don't think she knew how to), and I called my MD dad in a HUGE PANIC, but all went well and this time when we had them I didn't think about it much at all.

Movement:
  Lots!  Found out his feet are what are kicking me in the right side hip area.

Gender:  Baby boy B2!

What I’m looking forward to:  Getting more and more prepared and then seeing what this guy looks like.

What I’m nervous about/praying for:  That all goes well.

What I miss:  I miss my body more than I ever have.  I looked in the mirror the other day and was amazed at the foreign creature staring back at me, and the giant belly!  It's insane how it just grows and grows so gradually, but suddenly is ginormous.
 
Next appointment:  Only three more:  36 weeks, 37, 38, and then it's baby day!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

31 Things (9) 32 Things (9) A to Z (30) B2 (1) B3 (44) Currently (4) Friday Favorites (13) Giveaways (1) Juneathon (120) Lists (5) Marathon (51) Pregnancy! (45) Racing (57) Reviews (2) Running (175) Scorpions (20) Shoe Addiction (34) Vacation (63) We Like To Move (34) Wedding (9)
Powered by Blogger.