38.5 Weeks - Final Update!!

I feel like this picture looks like I have given up.  :P


My age:  33

How far along:  38+4

How big is baby:
  Large watermelon, over 7#s by now!


What have you been up to:  I am officially the most pregnant I have ever been!  Part of me expected this, but another part thought and secretly hoped he'd have arrived by now.  I have had so many contractions all the nights long and throughout the mornings, but they keep on slowing back down by afternoon instead of becoming more consistent like I have hoped for.  So we just keep waiting!!

My stomach has become a little more pointy over the past week+ instead of being so basketball-y and I can tell he's running out of room in there.  I feel bad complaining because I wouldn't change this for the WORLD, but it is getting pretty dang tough.  Come out little guy.

Exercise/Activity Level:  So according to my new Garmin 935 that I got for my birthday (!!), my heart rate soared to a 137 going up the stairs once.  :)  I read that being pregnant, your heart pumps 30-40% more blood so your resting heart rate can be as high as 90!  How's that for a crazy fact of the day?

I think I'm going to go for the purple band right now.  I cannot wait to put some running miles on it!!


Maternity clothes:  Yup.

Stretch marks:  None yet.  Maybe I will make it all the way.  I know it's mostly genetics, but I still lube the heck out of it these days with baby oil gel.

Belly Button:  Stretched.  A little weird.

Sleep:  My contractions are constantly waking me up the past few nights because they're getting into my back/ribs.  I have been fascinated with my Garmin's tracking of my sleep!  This was from last night, it's a little rough zZzZzZ right now.  I am entering the zombie stage and imagine it'll stick around for awhile.


Best Moment of the Week:  I turned 33 and my family came over to help celebrate!!  My birthday has been an afterthought for me lately, so it was a nice pep to the week.


Worst Moment of the Week:  I am uncomfortable.

Food cravings:  Monster

Food aversions:  Nothing! Wahoo.

Symptoms:  Basically the symptoms you'd expect at this point in pregnancy.

Movement:  Now that he's getting more squished in there and unable to move around as much, I find I am constantly monitoring and trying to get him to react to my beverages/poking for peace of mind.  :)

Gender:  Baby boy B2.

What I’m looking forward to:  That first cry.  Ben and I are in this surreal period where we know we'll have a newborn in a few days, but we feel unprepared and it just doesn't really seem real.

What I’m nervous about/praying for:  That it goes well, and breastfeeding is a better experience.  But mostly that baby boy enters the world safely and is a healthy little champ!

What I miss:  My body, running, etc.

Next appointment:  Two week post op.  Already scheduled!  Bentz and I had our last appointment this week and we sure made some fun memories journeying to and from the doctors' office this spring/summer.


3 days!  
And my mom will arrive in 3 hours!  :)

2 comments:

  1. Oh man, your sleep graph! :( Hopefully after the baby and having Grandma there will allow you to get some sleep :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. GOOD LUCK!!! Can't wait to see pics of him!

    ReplyDelete

31 Things (9) 32 Things (9) A to Z (30) B2 (5) B3 (47) Currently (4) Friday Favorites (13) Giveaways (1) Juneathon (120) Lists (5) Marathon (51) Pregnancy! (52) Racing (57) Reviews (2) Running (175) Scorpions (20) Shoe Addiction (34) Vacation (63) We Like To Move (34) Wedding (9)
Powered by Blogger.